The advantages of a solar cooker:
- Usage of solar cooker for cooking food saves fuel.
- The use of solar cooker does not produce smoke due to which the environment also does not get polluted.
- When food is cooked in a solar cooker, it’s nutrients do not get destroyed. This is because, in a solar cooker, food is cooked at a comparatively lower temperature.
- In a solar cooker, up to four food items can be cooked at the same time.
The Disadvantages of a Solar cooker are:
- The box-type solar cooker cannot make chapatis.
- The box-type cooker cannot be used for ‘frying’
The limited utility of a solar cooker is:
- The Solar cooker cannot be used to cook the food during night hours.
- If the day-sky is covered with clouds, even then the solar cooker cannot be used to cook food.
- The direction of the reflector of a solar cooker has to be changed from time to time to keep facing the sun.